There is so much at the Magic Kingdom for kids of all ages, but if you are especially wanting to focus on the older ones who like to go on rides that are a little faster, have the ability to sit on longer rides, or offer the chance to explore for a little while, we've got a plan for you! It doesn't even use fastpasses, which could cut your time more, or, use them on the rides that get busier later in the day. Magic Kingdom is HUGE and if you don't have an idea of where you want to go and what you want to ride, the lines are going to get long, and you'll get frustrated. That's why we are here!
This plan starts at 9am (meaning, you've gotten through the parking lot, security, and are ready to ride at 9am) and goes to 12:30pm. You'll ride 11 rides all through out Magic Kingdom, explore Tom Sawyer's Island (can you find the treasure without getting lost in the cave?) and end just in time for a late lunch!
Need a touring plan for your younger kids? Just click here!
Need touring plans for the whole family?
Click here 9 Attractions in 3 hours at Epcot
Click here for 10 Attractions in 3 hours at Animal Kingdom
Click here for 10 Attractions in 3 hours at Hollywood Studios
Click here for 10 Attractions in 3 hours at Magic Kingdom
Ready? Grab your sunscreen, and be sure to do all of the rides in this order, to make the touring plan work for you!
1. Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin -- Aim for the Z's! Help the Space ranger Corps
defeat evil Emperor Zurg! This is an awesome black light ride.
2. Pirates of the Caribbean -- This classic ride has gotten an update but is just as exciting
3. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad -- A good beginning coaster, with really fun old west
4. Splash Mountain -- Did you know this ride is 18 minutes long? It also offers a great way
to cool off at the end!
5. Seven Dwarves Mine Train -- another great beginner coaster and the newest at Magic
Kingdom. It slows at points to let you see scenes from Snow White and the Seven Dwarves,
including the inside of the mine glittering with gems.
6. Mickey's Philharmagic- is a fantastic theatre style 4D short film. You'll experience wind
guesting you, water misting you, and...what was that smell?! It's an awesome show that
will have you humming long after.
7. Haunted Mansion-- Older kids will appreciate the humor and the visual effects in this not
really scary 10 minute ride in a Doombuggy
8. Tom Sawyer Island-- We've got 30 minute's planned for this stop. That's enough to
explore the island, visit the old buildings, get lost in the cave and hopefully find the
treasure. If you're lucky, you'll get to play an old fashioned game of checkers while waiting
for the raft to ferry you back over to Frontierland.
9. Astro Orbiter-- This ride is more fun for the older kids because while it's basically
spaceship, ala Dumbo ride, the fact it's much, ,much higher really adds to the thrill.
11. Peoplemover-- This one is fun, you'll get to ride high above Tomorrowland and even get
to see a little bit of Space Mountain
Finish all of that by just after 1:30pm! After lunch you've got your whole afternoon, AND you still have your fast passes open to go back on favorite rides, or get to others you didn't have a chance for! Adventureland might be beckoning with the pirate treasure hunt, or maybe the hotel for a nap and a swim!
Don't forget to pick up your map at your Resort, or at the entrance to the park!