Picture by Disney
Disney got a lot of things planned for Mickey's 90th, a November TV Special, limited merchandise, new comics, books, a birthday cartoon...it's going to be so big, it spills into 2019!
If you want all the details, you can go here, to the Disney Blog and see what great Mickey Mouse happenings are headed your way!
A heads up for those of you anxiously awaiting season 2 of Ducktales! You'll be seeing more of your old favorites, and some soon to be new cast starting October 20th! Get ready!
Want to see if our top 10 favorite things about Ducktales match up with yours? Click here!
You also can go here to get your FREE printable Ducktales luggage tags! Use them anywhere you need to call DIBS on your stuff! Just don't forget your post it's, like Louie!
Disney has always made sure that ALL of their guests, no matter what challange faces them, can still have a mgaical experience. A holiday at a Disney Park is no different. Once again, Disney is offering guests with food allergies a chance to enjoy trick or treating at the Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party, a chance to enjoy treats, with no tricks.
If you are attending this event, you can ask for a treat bag that's for allergy treats. You'll get a special bag, with a teal pumpkin, and as you go from stop to stop, you'll be able to collect a token to be redeemed for different allergy free treats! There's all kinds of great stuff to pick from, AND you can read the label information on the food products to make sure that the treat is safe for you, or your child.
Not sure what the Teal Pumpkin Project is? You can click here to read about it!
Our house has always had treats and trinkets that any child of any age or any allergy can enjoy, but this year, the Teal Pumpkin Project has taken on new meaning for us, since our youngest now has a severe nut allergy. It makes me so happy that Disney is so inclusive of all guests, and we are proud to be connected even in a small way, by proudly displaying our own teal pumpkins this year!
Even without a teal pumpkin, it's easy to be part of this. Just have some treats that are safe for anyone, in addition to your usual treats you love to pass out. Dum dums, Smarties, and Tootsie Rolls are just a few that don't contain any of the top 8 allergens. You can also hit the dollar store for stickers, slinkies, mini notepads and other fun things! You might be the reason that a child who has had to say "No, thank you, I can't" all night long, or collected candy, knowing it will be given to a sibling because it's not safe for them, will get to have a few treats for themselves that are safe, and they can enjoy!
I won't lie...I would totally love to check out this AMAZING sounding limited time Mickey exhibition in New York City! Part of the celebration for Mickey's 90th Birthday is a 16,000 square foot place of awesomness, with Mickey: The Original Exhibition.
You can go here to their website, OR click on the photo above, and all the details you need are there.
Picture by Disney
Now that Season 1 of Ducktakes (Woo-oo!) is over, what I originally thought was a really good show turned into my thinking it is a PHENOMENAL show! Here are the Disney Magic Mommy Family’s Top 10 Favorite Things about Ducktales, season 1.
1. Webby bringing a grappling hook, and pillow traps to a Nerf fight. Awesome.
2. Launchpad! He might be the funniest, most clueless character who somehow always has the right timing, and the worst timing.
3. Darkwing Duck. Need I say more? But yes...we want more Darkwing Duck!
4. Mr. McDuck’s many treasures! It’s not just the gold and jewels, but what about that “other vault” where he’s got all the mystical, mythical things locked inside? That was awesome!
5. Old favorites like Gladstone (“Hey! Twenty dollars!”) Magika, and Gizmo and the Number One Dime!
6. Hewey, Dewey and Louie each having very different personalities. (Louie might be my favorite!)
7. Della Duck! The Della storyline running throughout season 1 made for some very interesting guesses in our house! Come on season 2!
8. Donald, often in black and white. I got such a laugh out of Donald in black and white. I also couldn’t believe that he had been an adventurer alongside of Scrooge!
9. Mrs. B. I never would have guessed that she was a secret agent. She’s still got her moves, right along side of Scrooge!
10. Scrooge McDuck’s Dad. Oh. My Goodness.
Did you watch Season 1? Did you love it as much as we did? If you havn't seen this yet, there are free episodes that rotate of Ducktales, and many other Disney shows as well on the Disney Now app!