It's always fun to meet your favorite characters, and even to get an autograph, but sometimes after standing in line for so long, you get to the from and feel flustered trying to get your autograph things ready, or maybe you feel rushed, because you are the last group before Mickey "gets some cheesecake." Either way, follow these tips for a fun, and carefree experience!
1. Have your autograph stuff out and ready before it's your turn
2. Take the cap off of your Sharpie! Characters can't always remove the cap
3. Set your stuff down! Somtimes you feel so rushed, but if you can, when walking over, set your backpack down. The pictures look better, and it's easier to get a Pooh hug!
4. Play along! Sometimes Pluto wants to run around, run with him! Don't be afraid to pose how you want! Last visit an older woman, on a solo trip, posed each of the Fab 5 at Epcot's Character Spot just how she wanted them, usually in a dancing pose.
5. Pay attention! In the photo above, Smee wanted our oldest to salute in a picture and both he and I almost missed it, because we'd stumbled upon a bunch of characters in a side alley about to leave, and I was fumbling for my camera, and trying to push the youngest towards who he wanted to meet.
6. Even if you have the memory Maker, try and grab a few pictures with your own camera. While the Disney Photographers can get some memorable moments captured, they might not be capturing from the angle that you want, and they won't be capturing all of the fun details in the room you meet Sorcerer Mickey in!
7. This last time might be the most important! Enjoy being there! Sometimes we feel awkward being in a picture...and it shows. 30 years from now, you are going to think you look amazing. You aren't going to care about that spill on your kid's shirt, the frizz in your hair, how that unflattering angle make you look twenty pounds heavier, nope! You are going to remember the fun of that trip!
Any other tips to make meeting a character more fun? Who's your favorite to meet?